THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
We collect information from our users when they create their account with Playinga which helps us not only provide the Service but also to personalize and continually improve each user’s experience with the Service.
Here are the types of information we gather
When you create an Account with Playinga, we may ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, username, phone number, email address, home address, city, country and your friends’ email addresses (which we will only use in order to invite them to use the Service). We may also collect information you supply to us regarding your personal preferences and interests such as the sports you play and your sports characteristic such as right-handed, left-handed etc. for each sport.
You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features. You can register by logging into your account with certain third-party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including Facebook) via our Service. When you create your Account by logging into a SNS via the Service, we may extract some personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your “real” name, email address and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) from the account you have with such SNS and use that information to create your Account; the information we extract may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS. We will only gather information that you allow us to gather from the SNS.
Once you’ve created an Account, you can optionally choose to contribute or create the following types of information publicly viewable information in
Public Profile Information:
When registering or after registering, you can optionally enter into other public profile information such as a username, city, website and bio. You can also upload a public profile photo.
You can select individual photos to upload, tag with information including the location where the photo was taken, and share publicly on Playinga per our Terms of Service. When you upload a photo, any associated metadata your camera might have embedded into that photo, such as the date taken or place taken, may be uploaded as well.
You can create other types of content including images, videos, other feeds and comments, which may be displayed publicly along with associated metadata such as date, location and time created.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you may set your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to disable cookies.
Like many other websites, we also collect information through cookies and other automated means. Information of this sort includes
- Technical information about your browser and mobile device, which is used in the aggregate to help us optimize the Service for common browsers and devices.
- Usage information, such as the pages you request, searches you conduct and the features and emails from Playinga that you interact with which is used in an aggregate form to generate statistics about how the Service is being used and to target advertising and communications but is never shared in any form that could be reasonably used to identify you personally.
- Alphanumeric identifiers like IP address, cookies, tokens and device identifiers that help us to distinguish between unique browsers and devices in order to avoid showing you the same information twice, keep you logged into Playinga, prevent duplicate actions, and improve your experience. The information we collect from cookies may include your IP address, browser and device characteristics, referring URLs, and a record of your interactions with our Service.
- Crashes and error report if you encounter a crash or error while using our Service. We may generate a crash report that includes technical, usage and if you are logged in, your Account information so that we can diagnose and potentially prevent the problem in the future.
While we may provide aggregate usage and demographic information to partners and advertisers to help them understand our audience and target their communications accordingly, we never provide your Personal Information to partners or advertisers directly, nor do we disclose aggregate information to a partner or advertiser in a manner that would identify you personally. We encourage our Service partners to adopt and post privacy policies as well. However, the use of this aggregate information by our service partners, as well as any Personal Information you directly provide to partners or advertisers, is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners and is not subject to our control.
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, or other marketing communications. To do so, follow the unsubscribe link in any marketing email or following the directions included in any other promotional material received from Playinga
- Modify, Control or Delete information: In order to make changes to your information that may include o Update and correct your personal information
- Cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. When you request us to delete your account, we delete your information from our database. You won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared with you or information which is shared involving other players or teams such as matches, tournaments, though associated to your account won't be deleted.
- Control when and whether content posted to third-party services, such as Facebook, using both settings provided by Playinga and settings provided by the third party service.
- Request removal of your personal information from our Service.
Any Public Information you post on this Service may be read, collected, and used by us and others who access this Service. You should only upload Public Information if you are comfortable with these terms and sharing your public information.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal, operational, dispute resolutions, and enforce our agreements.
When you are creating a paid tournament (a tournament where you would like to collect fees for registration) in PLAYINGA, we will ask you for your Bank Account Number, Account Holder Name, Bank Name, Branch, IFSC code (only relevant for India users). We may also ask you for your PayPal account information. This is to facilitate the transfer of money to your account after a participant has paid for your tournament.
As a player, when you are registering for a paid tournament, you may be asked to pay for the tournament. You will be redirected to a secure payment gateway or PayPal to make the payment where you will provide your payment method and its details. Under no circumstances, PLAYINGA reads or stores your payment method information. The only information we store is the amount paid.
All of the data stored in PLAYINGA is stored in the Amazon Data Warehouse, and complies with the strictest regulations in regard to data protection and security protocols. For more information on the hosting environment, you can visit https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/
We use ZOHO as our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) partner. We use CRM to support all customer queries, provide better support, send communication emails about product updates, and information we believe is relevant and may be of interest to you. ZOHO complies with the strictest regulations in regard to data protection and security. For more information about ZOHO, you can visit https://www.zoho.com/lp/gdpr.html
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW:
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it’s necessary to comply with the law. We also may share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Playinga, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity. We may also share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
Playinga uses reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We will notify you by email if we have reason to believe that your Personal Information has been compromised due to a security breach or used in an unauthorized manner, but by using this Service, you agree to release us from any and all claims arising out of the unauthorized use of your information.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THIS POLICY:
This policy was last updated on 24 May 2018. In order to check updates to this policy, please consult this page on a regular basis.